Talpa has filed a notification with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DDPA) of the processing of personal data by Talpa. This notification, under notification number 1552261, and more information about privacy can be found on the websites of the Dutch Data Protection Authority: www.cbpweb.nl and www.mijnprivacy.nl.
2. The processing of personal data
3. The provision of personal data is not required
The starting point is that providing personal data to us is not mandatory. You always have the choice whether you want to enter personal data or to use a login with a social media account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or Google+); by doing so you agree that Talpa can then receive more specific and detailed personal data from this account. Which personal data are obtained in this manner will vary from one form of social media to the next and will depend on your settings on these social media.
4. How we collect information
One way in which Talpa can collect personal data is by being supplied with them by a user when, for example, the user registers or makes use of a login with a social media account. Talpa can also collect personal data by receiving unique identification numbers from the computer, tablet, smartphone or any other electronic device with a working data connection (hereinafter “device”) from which the user makes use of the services (whatever the service and whatever the manner of use). Talpa also obtains the personal data of users via third parties who enable it to identify use of the services better.
5. Types of personal data and processing purposes
Talpa may process the following personal data from you: name, address, birth date, gender, (mobile) telephone number, email address, information about your talents and interests, or other information that you as a user of one or more of our websites or apps indicate. In addition, our servers automatically record certain data, such as URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit to our websites. We store your personal data for as long as needed for the below mentioned purposes or to meet legal (retention) requirement.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to offer you services, products and / or information from Talpa, for example through our digital extensions, including our websites and apps, and to adapt it to your needs and desires;
- to offer you possibilities to contact other users via digital extension, including our websites and apps, to post and exchange information (if applicable);
- to approach you to participate in a television program;
- -to send you user information and service messages;
- if you have given your unambiguous consent: to send you electronic commercial messages from Talpa and third parties that advertise, sponsor or offer prices within and around Talpa’s programs and digital extensions;
- to analyze, maintain, secure and optimize our websites and apps and associated technologies;
- to compile user statistics;
- for recruitment;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Your personal data will not be used for purposes other than those listed above. We can use third parties to process your personal data, which third parties will follow the instructions of Talpa.
We may share your personal information within Talpa and our group of companies.
7. Third parties
We maintain a state of the art level of security in the processing of personal data to avoid unauthorized access to, alteration, disclosure or loss of personal data.
9. Links to websites of others
11. Right of access, correction and right to object
You can request to review your personal data. If we incorrectly process your personal data, you can request us to change or remove it. If you no longer wish to be contacted by us, let us know by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Talpa Media B.V., Zevenend 45, 1251 RL Laren Nh, the Netherlands, stating "Right to object".
Updated: 12 August 2015